Holidays are over and it is now time to get back on track… These vegan jam tarts represent a smooth transition to a healthy lifestyle, giving you the chance to pursue a healthy life without giving up the pleasure of eating!
This recipe is one of my favourites and is the result of many experients. It may be subject to many variations both regarding the size of the tarts, and regarding their filling. Not only, it is extremely versatile also in terms of occasions: these vegan tarts are perfect to start the day with the right foot as well as being an excellent afternoon snack!
I will now show you my version of the recipe: small lemon-jam almond and rice tarts.
Ingredients for 2 tarts (diameter 10cm)
50g of almond flour
50g of rice flour
30ml of sunflower oil
25ml of maple syrup
15ml of rice milk (or other vegan milk)
grated lemon skin
lemon jam (1/2 jar)
1. Mix the two flours (almond and rice) in a bowl
2. Add the oil, the maple syrup and, finally, the milk
3. Add the lemon skin and mix using your hands
4. Work on the mixture until it becomes homogeneous, compact, and is not sticky anymore
5. Make the mixture into a ball, wrap it in plastic wrap, and let it rest in the fridge for 30 mins
6.Spread the mixture with a rolling pin and cut out two circles to put into the stamps
7. Once the mixture is in the stamps, fill the tarts with jam and decorate them as you wish
8. Bake in pre-heated oven for 20 minutes at 180 degrees
9. Let them cool down before eating!
Simple as this! These are really amongst my favourite cakes as they are so light and so good at the same time. Also, they are perfect for every occasion as, being gluten-free and vegan, they are adaptable to every situation!
Hope you enjoy them!