The other day I decided to try out a different version of the classic New York Cheesecake, making a lighter version of it (since I’m always on a diet but I can’t stop myself from wanting deserts)!
I found an easy no bake recipe on www.tastemade.com/videos/no-bake-blueberry-cheesecake and tried to reproduce it with a few slight changes!
400 grams (about 1 cup) of Greek Yogurt (I used 0% fat)
240 grams of heavy cream
1 Lemon (you will be needing the juice)
60 grams of frozen Blueberries
4/5 Digestive cookies crushed
3/4 tablespoons of butter, melted
Blueberries, raspberries, flowers (what you think looks best!) to decorate
Round cake tin, about 16cm diameter
- In a small pot combine the frozen blueberries, 3 tbsp of sugar, 1 tbsp lemon juice. Let it simmer and stir in the meantime (you don’t want it to stick), for about 5 minutes. Add 2/3 tspn of gelating and mix.
- Mix together the greek yogurt, 120 grams of heavy cream, 3 tbsp of sugar, 2 tbsp of lemon juice until you have a smooth cream.
- In a pot heat up the remaining cream, don’t make it boil! Then add 2/3 tspn of powdered gelatin. Add it to the yogurt mixture.
- Divide the cream in 3 bowls: add the blueberries and 1/2 of their mixture to the first, the rest of the mixture to the second and nothing to the third.
- Crush your cookies, add 3/4 tbsp of melted butter, stir well and then place this mixture at the bottom of your cake tin to create your crust (you might line it with foil so that it’s easier to remove when the cake is ready).
- Now add the various mixtures, starting from the first (with the blueberries), then the colored mix and on top add the white yogurt layer.
- To decorate you can use some drops of the blueberry mixture and create some designs with a toothpick, add fruit or flowers and some powedered sugar.
- Refrigerate the cake for 2-3 hours.
- I recommend keeping it in the fridge even after that and taking it our 5/10 minutes before serving.